Travel visas for Uganda are required for entry and stay into Uganda for short periods of time (between 1 and 3 months).
Intergate Immigration is able to assist foreigners with travel visa application for Uganda as well as all Uganda permits and visas. You can contact us here by email or call us on + 27 (0) 21 424 2460.
Exemptions to the requirement for travel visas for Uganda are nationals from Members of COMESA, namely Angola, Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Kenya, Malaw,i Mauritius, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Other exempt nationalities are Antigua & Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Fiji, Gambia, Grenada, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malta, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Island,s St Vincent & the Grenadines, Tonga, Vanuatu, Italy (only diplomatic passport holders) and Cyprus.
How to apply for Travel visas for Uganda
Applications for travel visas for Uganda can be made at the appropriate Ugandan Missions/Embassies abroad. Also, Ugandan visas are issued at the entry and exit points of Uganda like Entebbe airport, Busia border, Malaba border etc.
What validity period does your passport require?
Your passport should have a validity of at least six months. Please note that this period applies to not when you apply for travel visas to Uganda but from your intended date of entry.
Application process for travel visas for Uganda
To obtain a Uganda Government VISA the following are required:
1. One duly filled Visa Application Form “J”.
2. A passport issued by your government valid for at least six months. Your passport must also be valid past the date of your expected departure from Uganda. (Passport must be signed.)
3. One completed Uganda visa application form.
4. Two passport-size photos taken within the past six months.
5. International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
6. Letter from applicant’s company if travelling for business (on company letterhead and signed by someone other than the applicant).
It is quoted as between 3 -5 working days but applications should be made in ample time.
Single entry visa:
A Single entry visa is valid for three months from the date of issue and costs around £25 (in the UK) or $50 (at entry point in Uganda).
Visa fees must be paid in cash (exact money please) or a postal money order payable to UGANDA HIGH COMMISSION, on submission of visa application. Cheques are not accepted. Please note that the visa fee is non-refundable.
Multiple entry visa:
A six-month multiple entry visa costs £65 (sixty five pounds). Other categories of multiple entry visas (12 months, 24 months & 36 months) can be applied for at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Kampala. Information on these other categories can be got on the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Please note visa fees do vary from country to country.
Other points to note
1. Entry should be made only through the country’s gazetted ports of entry/exit.
2. All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival. The cards are available at the arrival lounge.
3. No arriving visitor should carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs.
4. Visitors should not overstay their visa validity otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action.
5. Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Kampala before expiry of the initial visitor’s pass.
6. All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
For more help with applying for Travel visas for Uganda please contact us here by email or telephone us on + 27 (0) 21 4242460.
Incoming search terms:
- Busia border Uganda visa costs
- visa fee to uganda through busia
- validity period visitors pass uganda
- uganda point of entry visa
- types of visas issued by uganda government
- Swaziland class c work permits requirements
- price of Ugandan Visa Ministry of internal affairs
- how to qualify for a 12 month multiple entry visa in uganda
- how to apply for a uganda work visa
- Entry and exit points in uganda